Until the Spring of 2016, a magazine dedicated to Texas heritage and culture, preservation efforts, and travel did not exist. Since that time, Authentic Texas has sought to fill that void.
This quarterly statewide publication is available by paid subscription for home or office delivery and can be found for sale at retail outlets throughout the state. It’s also available for free at more than 100 visitor centers and select cultural and heritage sites.
- Invites readers to explore the communities, sites, and attractions that are the fabric of Texas’s rich heritage
- Tells the true stories that beckon travelers to experience for themselves the state’s real places, artifacts, and activities
- Highlights preservation efforts by champions and stewards of Texas’s legacy
- Covers every corner of the state in each issue
- Includes regular features from
- The Texas State Library & Archives Commission
- The Texas Historical Commission
- The Texas Downtown Association
- Supports the mission and programs of the nationally award-winning Texas Heritage Trails Program, a heritage tourism initiative of the Texas Historical Commission
When the magazine launched, former Texas Heritage Trails LLC president Rick Stryker stated, “Authentic Texas invites Texans to explore their state and visitors to discover it. Dedicated to Texas heritage and culture and preservation efforts, we are looking to fill a void and we’re thinking outside the box for our nonprofit organizations.”
Authentic Texas is published by Texas Heritage Trails, LLC, a coalition of the following seven nonprofit Heritage Trail Regions from across the state: