After the town was founded in 1917 as a cattle shipping point, Model T Ford dealer C.M. Armstrong built a brick building with its own water system. The building was one of only two structures to survive a devastating fire in 1928. Today, it is home to the Seagraves-Loop Museum and Art Center. Displays include 2,000 projectile points from Clovis, Plainview and Folsom periods, as well as a local newspaper repository (1930s–1990s). A brand book from a local cattle inspector chronicles hundreds of area brands. The site also features a ranch bunkhouse, milk house and outhouse.