Legendary quarter horses and superior Black Angus cattle are hallmarks of “The Four Sixes,” a historic Texas ranch that is part of Burnett Ranches LLC. Founded by Captain Samuel “Burk” Burnett in 1868 - when he purchased 100 head of cattle wearing the “6666” brand from Frank Crowley of Denton, Texas – Burnett Ranches today encompasses 275,000 acres near Panhandle and Guthrie. It was in the Four Sixes Supply House that Captain Burnett maintained his office while at the ranch, and, in fact, usually slept there in a back room. The facility in Guthrie operates as a general store and hardware store, serving the ranch as well as the general public. The original cash register, safe and early account books are still kept there.
Read more about the historical ties between Quanah Parker and Samuel Burk Burnett of the 6666 Ranch (essay by Holle Humphries, April 2016)