Throughout the first decade of the 20th century, the informal difference between a “sanitarium” and a “hospital” were defined in the starkest of terms; patients who entered a sanitarium did so to receive medical care and improve their health while those who entered a hospital did so to die. In 1912, Post graciously received their first “sanitarium”, reportedly the best equipped medical facility west of Fort Worth. The native stone building, adorned with large white stone columns, featured a laboratory, x-ray room, operating room, and twenty five private rooms for patients. The handsome structure survives intact today (fortunately, however, medical practices have far surpassed the rudiments of early 20th century medicine), earning a listing on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also home of the Garza County Historical Museum and houses a thorough collection of regional history. The museum features twenty-six rooms encompassing “a virtual time capsule of artifacts and historic data, from 225 million years B.C. to the present” or, as the span is referred to by museum staff, “from B.C. to the PC”.