This was the first cotton gin in the area, and the school was in operation at the turn of the last century. Originally an early line camp for cowboys, several families built farms here in 1903. The town's name, "Gasoline," came from the gasoline engine that powered the cotton gin. The Gasoline School opened in 1908 and by 1920 had four rooms, four teachers, and eleven grades. The cotton gin burned down in 1938 and was never replaced, and in 1946 the school merged with nearby Quitaque. Located on private property but viewable from the highway.