In 1900, two years after the Santa Fe Railway extended its tracks from Amarillo to Canyon City, Rancher and Banker L.T. Lester established the Stockman's National Bank. This bank became First National Bank of Canyon City in 1904. Lester commissioned St. Louis architect R.G. Kirsch, designer of the Randall County Courthouse, to design this showplace bank building. It was completed in 1909 and provided space for the bank as well as other commercial enterprises. The bank moved out in 1951, and over the years other businesses occupied the space. The neoclassical structure remains a commercial landmark. It features Doric columns and pilasters, a dentil course, and stone coping and window surrounds.